Hello there – thanks for playing our games!
- The ways in which we collect personal data about you
- Why we collect this data
- How we use your personal data
- The choices you have available, regarding your data
Contact Hello There Games
Questions about data protection or requests for resolving issues with your personal data?
Contact us on email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Owner and Data Controller
Hello There AB
411 14 Göteborg
Owner contact email: email@example.com
Types of Personal Data we collect (provided by you)
Player name and password
Profile information (such as profile photo)
Your messages to the Service (like chat logs, player support etc.)
Other data you choose to provide us with (such as data to identify a lost account)
Data we collect automatically
- Your IP address and mobile device identifiers (such as your device ID, advertising ID, MAC address, IMEI)
- Data about your account
- Data about your games progress
- General location data
- Exact geo-location data (GPS, but only with your consent)
- Data about your device (device name, OS, browser type and language)
- Data about your use of the Service, like your interactions with other players inside the Service and/or gameplay data
- Data collected with cookies and analogue technologies (see more below)
In most cases, we create a Hello There-specific ID for you when you use the Service.
Data collected from partners
- For advertising and analytic purposes – enables us to provide you with a better service
- Demographic – (to determine the coarse location of your IP address)
- Data which we receive, should you link to a third party tool with the Service (for example Facebook, Google etc.)
- Fraud-fighting data – for example refund abuse in games or click fraud in advertising
- Data from platforms the games run on – (to verify payment)
Why do we collect your data
It’s about the functionality of the Service
To deliver what we have agreed upon, we process data necessary to:
- Operate the Service
- Create accounts and allow you to play our games and use our service
- Send you service-related communications
- Verify and confirm payments
- Provide and deliver products and services you want
To develop the Service to suit our players better
To provide the best possible service to our players, we have a legitimate interest in collecting and processing necessary data to:
- Enable you to communicate with other players
- Customize your service experience
- Update and develop player profiles
- Develop and improve the Service and player experience
- Provide social features as part of your Service
- Manage our relationship with you
- Provide you with Hello There Games offers in the Service as well as in other websites and services, and by email
- Send you related information, for example updates, security alerts, and support messages
- Provide you with player support and respond to your comments
To show personalized advertisements
To show you personalized advertisements in the Service, as well as in other services (email included) and websites, we have a legitimate interest in processing necessary data to:
- Track content your access in connection with the Service and your online behavior
- Deliver, target and improve our advertising and the Service
You can opt-out from personalized advertisements within the Hello There Games.
To analyze, profile, and segment
We may analyze, profile and segment all collected data referred to above.
With your consent
We may, with your consent, process your data for additional purposes, such as using your GPS location, to show you local events.
Who can see your data
Apart from Hello There, your data can be accessed by others in the following situations:
Other players and users
Since social features are important components in Hello There Game’s games, other players and users may see for example your profile data, in-game activities, and read the messages you have posted.
Partners working for Hello There Games
Partners perform services for Hello There Games. The partners process your data only at and according to Hello There Games instructions to provide the Service, such as hosting, player support, advertising, analytics, and fraud prevention.
Other companies and public authorities
In order to combat fraud and criminal activity, we may exchange data with other companies and organizations and provide it to public authorities in response to lawful requests. We may also disclose your data based on your consent, to comply with the law or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our players, or others.
Advertising and Social Media Partners
The Service includes features from our partners, for example, social media interaction tools and in-game advertising. The partners may access your data and operate under their own privacy policies. Please check their privacy policies to learn more about their data processing practices.
International data transfers
Since our Service is global your data can therefore be transferred to anywhere in the world. Different countries may have different data protection laws than your own country, we take steps to ensure adequate safeguards are in place to protect your data as explained in this Policy. As for our partners, adequate safeguards may for them mean standard contractual clauses approved by the EU Commission and Privacy-Shield certification in case of transfers to the USA.
Your rights and options
Opt-out of marketing emails and other direct marketing
You may opt-out of receiving promotional communications, such as marketing emails from us by following the instructions in such communications.
Opt-out of targeted advertising
You can opt-out of interest-based advertising on mobile applications by checking the privacy settings of your iOS or Android device and selecting “limit ad tracking” (Apple iOS) or “opt-out of interest-based ads” (Android). For personalized in-game offers opt-out, you can use the options provided in the game settings.
Access the personal data we hold about you
Upon request from you, we will provide you with a copy of your personal data in an electronic format.
Your other rights
You also have the right to correct your data, have your data deleted, object how we use or share data, and restrict how we use or share your data. You can at any point withdraw your consent, for example by turning off GPS location sharing in your mobile device settings. We will respond to your requests within a reasonable timeframe.
Cookies and similar technologies
Like most online services, our partners and we utilize cookies and similar technologies to provide and personalize the Service, analyze use, target advertising, and prevent fraud. You can always disable cookies in your browser settings, but this may lead to some parts of the Service not functioning properly.
This is how we protect your data
In order to produce a secure and safe player experience, we are continuously developing and implementing administrative, technical and physical security measures to protect your data from unauthorized access or against loss, misuse or alteration.
We retain your data for as long as your account is active or as long as is needed to provide you with the Service. Please note that if you ask us to remove your personal data, we will retain your data for our legitimate business interests, such as to comply with our legal options, resolve disputes, and enforce agreements.
We don’t knowingly collect or solicit personal data about or target interests based on advertising to anyone under the age of 13 or deliberately allow such persons to use our services. If you are under 13, please do not send any data about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under the age of 13 may provide us with any personal data. Should we learn that we have collected data about a child under the age of 13, we will delete the data as quickly as possible. If you believe that we may have any data from or about a child/or children under the age of 13, please contact us.